Runner's Dilemma #4 — The Sound I Didn't Plan For

 


 Morning Running Log | Runner's Dilemma No. 4

The Sound I Didn't Plan For

This was back when I'd just started running.

My wife and I were jogging along at an easy pace when another runner came up from behind and passed us.

And then —

Pffft ~~~

My wife didn't miss a beat.

"Seriously. How rude."

I agreed completely.

"I know. Couldn't they have waited until they were a little further ahead?"

· · ·

A few years passed.

I was running alone when the feeling arrived.

A couple was running just ahead of me.


Just get past this couple first.

I passed them. Casually. Like nothing was happening.

A little further.

Just a little more.

That should be enough.

...

Pffft ~~~

...

...oh no.

It was louder than expected.


· · ·

In that moment, I thought of that runner from years ago.

"Maybe they were hoping for something quieter too."

Popular Posts