제목 Runner's Dilemma No.1 — What a Petty Guy

 

 

Morning Running Log | Runner's Dilemma No. 1

What a Petty Guy

My wife hurt her leg.

Before that, we ran together every evening. Anyang-cheon, 5km. Some nights 7. On good nights, 10.

Now we walk.

· · ·

By the third evening of walking, I felt it. A quiet frustration building up.

It was around 10pm. My wife was in the kitchen making a late-night snack for our eldest. I was hanging up the laundry.

And then, out of nowhere, the thought arrived.

"We walked again tonight. Another run missed."

I let a little of it show. Then poured myself a beer and sat alone.

· · ·

As the mood settled, a line I'd heard somewhere came back to me.

"Alone we can do so little;
together we can do so much."

— Helen Keller

And here I was — getting frustrated
over walking alongside one person.

What a petty guy.

· · ·

Tomorrow,

I'll walk half a step behind her.

Popular Posts