제목 Runner's Dilemma No.2 — The Cheer I Never Said Out Loud
Morning Running Log | Runner's Dilemma No. 2
The Cheer I Never Said Out Loud
When I run with my club, it happens naturally.
Another group comes toward us from the other direction. Someone calls out first.
And just like that, they call back.
"You too — keep going!"
It lifts something in me every time.
· · ·
Running alone is different.
A runner comes toward me — you can tell at a glance they've been out here a long time. The pace, the form, the look on their face.
'Keep going.'
My mouth stays shut.
· · ·
Then there are the days I pass someone who's really struggling.
You can see it on their face. Today is one of those days. The kind where just finishing is the whole point.
'Just a little more... you've got this.'
My mouth stays shut again.
· · ·
It would only take one slightly awkward moment.
Just open your mouth. Say it.
Somehow, that's the hard part.
· · ·
Ten years of running.
Still saying it only in my head.


