Runner's Dilemma #14 — Sub 4
Morning Running Log | Runner's Dilemma No. 14
Sub 4
My youngest started running after watching his parents run.
One day, out of nowhere, he asked:
"Dad, my academy teacher ran a full marathon in 3 hours 6 minutes. What's your time?"
"Me? I'm... over 4 hours."
"What? You haven't broken 4 hours yet? You've run 100km twice."
"I kept getting injured. Never had a clean run at it."
"Shouldn't you at least be under 4 hours by now? You run all the time."
"Alright. This fall — I'll come in under 4 hours."
· · ·
He's in his second year of high school.
And for some reason —
with him, I really want to keep my word.
· · ·
We know this.
Nagging him about studying won't move him.
But showing up — hot days, cold days, every day —
that just might.
Nagging him about studying won't move him.
But showing up — hot days, cold days, every day —
that just might.
· · ·
So this time, Sub 4. It has to happen.
Because he's watching.
Waiting to see if I follow through.
Scary kid.



