Runner's Dilemma #21 — My Wife's Weekend Plans
Runner's Log | Runner's Dilemma #21
My Wife's Weekend Plans
My wife has a college reunion this Saturday.
Back in the day, this is what I'd think:
"Maybe I'll finally catch up with a friend I haven't seen in ages."
"Or hit up a comic cafe and catch up on manga."
"Or just sleep in, hard."
"Or hit up a comic cafe and catch up on manga."
"Or just sleep in, hard."
Now, it's this:
"Hmm. Time for a long LSD run, it's been a while."
"Better start early — it gets rough once the sun's up."
"Gotta pack water, and an energy gel."
"Should I wear the cushioned trainers, or the lighter ones?"
"Maybe I'll text someone from the club to come along."
"And a makgeolli after, why not haha"
"Better start early — it gets rough once the sun's up."
"Gotta pack water, and an energy gel."
"Should I wear the cushioned trainers, or the lighter ones?"
"Maybe I'll text someone from the club to come along."
"And a makgeolli after, why not haha"
Any weekend my wife has plans, my mind gets busy.
"A day I can run with absolutely no deadline."
And so I soak up the freedom, right up until I'm worn out from all that freedom...
And my wife walks in, looking happy.
Now comes the most important part.
I have to sound sincere about just how bored I was, all alone all weekend without her.
"Ugh... you go and make plans, and I'm stuck here bored out of my mind, all alone..."
My wife has one thing to say back.
"Yeah, right. Look at your face — you're completely wrecked. How far did you even run? You had a blast, didn't you. Happy now?"



