A Thought About Love #12 — "Order Confirmed"

 


After work,
folding laundry, I ask,

"Did you start a load?"
"Yeah, the whites."

After dinner, after the dishes,

"The laundry's probably done.
Want to hang it up before we go?"
"No. To be back before his academy lets out,
we have to leave now."

We run along Anyangcheon together.

"Want to go a bit farther today?"
"No. If it gets too late, our younger one will be hungry."

· · ·

Back home,
our younger one is already out of his academy,
and in the shower.

"What do you want to eat?"
"Haven't thought about it yet."

I feel for my wife, standing there waiting,
so I say,

"Mom's tired too.
If you know, just tell her now."

A little while later,
my wife, her face lighter, says,

"Order confirmed."

Back in my day, we ate whatever was put in front of us...

One day, this kid
will be waiting on an order confirmation
from a kid just like himself.

"Just you wait."

Popular Posts