Korea Hidden attractions _ Suwon Hwaseong Parking Lot Food Dule-gil Date Course

 


My wife finished the trail and walked around the cafe street. 

"It feels like the streets of Itaewon, but there are a lot of young couples and foreign people." 

I think it's a good one-day course with food for lovers, couples, or friends.
However, it is a bit difficult to walk the entire trail with children.


I. Total course and time



1. Parking lot 

Don't worry about this or that, just type [Hwahongmun Public Parking Lot] into your navigation. The space was spacious and when we arrived at 11am, it was ample.  

However, it was almost full around 5pm. 

If you come too late, there may not be a parking space, and since it is a public parking lot, it costs 7,000 won all day, 50% for compact cars.


2. Time to complete the entire course

If you do nothing and walk from beginning to end, it is a 2 hour and 30 minute course. 
As soon as I entered Janganmun, I picked up coffee because it was hot.
If there is a nice scenery, take a picture,
If there is a gazebo, you can sit and rest, 
Visit the market at Paldalmun Gate, go to Chicken Street and have lunch,
Wandering around the cafe streets, eating coffee and desserts,  

It took a total of 4 hours and 30 minutes. Going to Boyeong Mandu here added an extra hour.


3. Night is better than day, and you need to prepare!! 

It was nice that it was sunny last Saturday, but it was hot. 
It's good to look pretty, but sneakers are better than shoes
The sun is strong, so sunglasses or an umbrella are required. 
I think you should carry at least one bottle of water in your hand
It would be nice to have a bag big enough to put outerwear in

By the way, when I arrived at Paldalmun Gate and the wall was over, I got lost trying to find the way up the wall again. If you think of going in a straight line from Paldalmun Gate, you will find it right away. We took a different route and after a while we found the castle road.


II. That’s how walking and eating began.


1. From the entrance to arrival at Paldalmun Gate 

If you walk a little bit from the parking lot, you will see Janganmun Gate. This is the departure point and final arrival point.



When you cross the crosswalk in the photo above, a model has been created so that you can see the entire castle as shown in the photo below.



When you pass through Janganmun Gate in the left photo below, you will see an information center on the right, and you can go straight up to Janganmun Gate.

After passing Janganmun Gate




This is how it starts


When I climbed up Janganmun Gate, it was so hot. Pick up coffee at the coffee shop on the bottom right



On the way, I took a picture of the lake seen between the castle walls because it was so pretty!!

I stopped by briefly because I saw the "Yeonmudae", and there was a separate time for archery. I just stopped by the bathroom.



If you go towards the fortress from Yeonmudae, there is a gate that allows you to go outside as shown in the photo below. There was a walking path outside the castle gate, and luckily it was shaded.





I didn't have a hat, sunglasses, or parasol, so I started walking to the shady path outside the castle gate.

I had a hard time because of the sunlight, but I felt like I could live with just the shade.


It was nice to avoid the sunlight for a while, but it suddenly turned into a road with no end, so I was embarrassed.

I just crossed the lawn and came down to the main street. Do not go to the end of the walkway outside the castle.


If you come back inside the castle via the road, there are stairs going up. I started walking along the castle road again, and although it was hot, the scenery was nice. 

On the way, I stopped by a pavilion and sat and rested for a while in the shade and cool breeze.




If you go down like that, you are finally halfway down the road outside the fortress wall, and you will reach Yeongdong Market, where Paldalmun Gate is located.





While exploring Yeongdong Market, I settled down at the famous Yongseong Fried Chicken on Chicken Street. 

Even though it was 1pm, there were a lot of people in the chicken restaurant, and I ordered half seasoned and half fried whole chicken, and it was a lot (I tend to eat a little bit). 

You can pack any leftover food and bring it with you. (They gave me wrapping paper separately)




I thought I had to go the castle again after lunch, so I simply returned to the end of the castle.

I thought that if I started again from there, the castle would continue,,,,, If I go like this, I will fall from the castle^^. There was no more way. 

After passing through the market and continuing through Paldalmun Gate in the middle of the road, you will reach the fortress again.





Paldalmun Gate must be reached via the general road.
As shown in the picture below, go through the market to Paldalmun Gate,
Paldalmun Gate seen from the market. What you see at the end is Paldalmun Gate.


If you think about going straight on that road, cross the crossing board and walk a little bit, you will see something similar to a castle again.

After crossing the road and before going back to the fortress, Paldalmun Gate and the fortress are visible again.


2. From Paldalmun Gate to Cafe Street  

It was quite a difficult uphill climb. I was sweating a lot at this time. 


When you climb all the stairs, you will come across a plain path, and if you go a little further, you will see the open Seojangdae.


There are also interesting signs, and streets and directions of famous cities around the world.


After trudging around like this, we arrived at the end and start point of Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, where the cafe begins.

Before arriving at the cafe street, I took a picture of the flowers blowing and falling.


3. Cafe Street  

I think it was just a private house in the past.

Many private houses have been converted into cafes, and each building is pretty, with a slightly modern interior design in an old style.

There were many young people, including couples, tourists from abroad, and groups of friends.

I wanted to have a cold beer at an outdoor table rather than coffee, but I was satisfied with just coffee.



4. Back to origin  

It was 3:40 when we arrived back at Janganmun from where we started. We left at 11:10, ate some food, and drank coffee, and it took a total of 4 hours and 30 minutes.

5. Boyeong Mandu right next to the parking lot 

It says you should wait an average of 40 minutes because it is a popular restaurant, but luckily I think I waited 20 to 30 minutes.



The taste was unique, and the meat dumplings really only had meat, and they were fried kimchi dumplings??,, It felt a bit different.





The Hwaseong trail takes 2 hours and 30 minutes on foot, but there are many places to stop, things to eat, things to see, and nice scenery, so it took 5 hours.



댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

달리기 안양 BEST 코스

한양 도성길 트레일 런

공주 마라톤 첫 풀코스 1 편_ 낭만 달리기??